Rafting Adventure Program Terms and Conditions
All trips are staffed with experienced, qualified guides. cityWILD is fully licensed, permitted and insured. cityWILD takes great care to provide quality adventure experiences for our clients. Your compliance with the Terms and Conditions below helps us achieve our goals of safety and dependability. When you make a reservation with cityWILD we hold your space for you, which means we often have to turn other programs away. Therefore, we will make no exceptions to any of the following provisions.
Age Restrictions and Waivers- All participants and instructors are required to sign a cityWILD waiver by the time of the program. People under the age of 18 will need their parents or guardians to sign the waivers ahead of time. Teachers, organization leaders, and chaperons CANNOT sign a waiver for an underage participant. cityWILD’s waivers will be emailed to you when your deposit is received.
All participants or their guardians must review the waiver prior to the day of the trip. Please contact cityWILD if you have questions or concerns in regards to the waiver or the trip you (or the minor you are signing for) is attending.
Rafting Trip Log- Trip logs are required by law before each trip. They provide a list of everyone that is actually on the river. Please fill this out before the trip as they can be time consuming. If it needs to be filled out at the meeting place, you could be charged for a late start ($50).
Deposit and Payment — cityWILD requires a 50% deposit in order to reserve the date that you would like your program to run. If another client requests a program for the same day, before cityWILD receives your deposit, you will be given a 7 day notice to send payment before your date is given to the other client. The deposit will be applied toward the total price of your trip.
The balance of your payment is due in cash, check, or by credit card on the final program day. The credit card on file will be charged if payment is not made on the date of your final trip. cityWILD may accept a certified [LVM2] purchase order, but our express prior permission is required. Contact us in advance if you wish to pay with a certified purchase order.
Final Count of Participants — You must provide a “Final Count” of your participants no later than seven (7) days before the date of your trip. The Final Count cannot be reduced fewer than seven (7) days before the date of your trip regardless of how many in your party arrive on the date of your trip. The Final Count is used to schedule our guides, plan for your trip, and calculate the final price of your trip. cityWILD, in its sole discretion, may allow the Final Count to increase if we are able to accommodate the increase.
Late Arrivals –– Groups/clients that are more than 20 minutes late will have a $50 late start fee added. cityWILD reserves the right to cancel your trip with no refund for groups/clients more than 30 minutes late.
Cancellation Policy —
(a) Cancellation by Client: If you cancel your program more than thirty (30) days prior to the date of your trip, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel your program fewer than seven (7) days prior to the first date of programming, you are responsible for the total price. You must call cityWILD at 303-227-6862 to cancel your trip. cityWILD will charge the credit card on file if the final payment is not received on or before the first program day.
(b) Alteration by cityWILD: cityWILD reserves the right to alter your program in the event prohibitive or unsafe conditions exist or are expected to exist at the time of your trip. cityWILD may alter a program in order to provide an experience of equal quality to the original program. If your trip is altered, cityWILD may enforce its cancellation policy as set forth below.
(c) Cancellation by cityWILD: cityWILD reserves the right to cancel your program in the event prohibitive or unsafe conditions exist or are expected to exist at the time of your program. It is in cityWILD’s sole discretion to determine whether prohibitive or unsafe conditions exist. If cityWILD cancels your trip we refund your deposit and any amounts paid.
Right to Refuse Service — cityWILD reserves the right to refuse service to any person who cityWILD, in its discretion, believes is under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or any other controlled or chemical substance. cityWILD also reserves the right to refuse service to any person who cityWILD, in its sole discretion, believes poses a danger to other participants or will otherwise negatively impact the program.
By booking your program, you agree to these Terms and Conditions
cityWILD Essential Eligibility Criteria – This is for informational purposes only and should be read by all participants.
Rafting and adventure activities are open to all participants who meet the following Essential Eligibility Criteria plus minimum age restrictions. In some cases these responsibilities can be met with the assistance of a companion.
- Participants with medical conditions should consult with their doctor prior to rafting or any other cityWILD Adventure.
- Participants rafting on the Arkansas River Brown’s Canyon section when water is above 2500 CFS must be 14 years old or older, or 10 years old all other times. Rafters on the South Platte River and the Stone Bridge to Salida section of the Arkansas must be at last 6yrs old and 45 lbs.
- Participants must be able to manage all personal care and mobility independently or with the assistance of a companion who accompanies them.
- Participants must be able to reach the boat launch area independently or with the assistance of a companion who accompanies them.
- Participants must be able to enter and exit the raft or kayak independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Participants must be able to enter and exit the raft independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Participants must be able to follow instructions and perform all water activities independently or with the assistance of a companion who accompanies them.
- Participants must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Participants must be able to wear all protective equipment recommended/required by industry standards
- Participants must be able to remain seated and balanced in a floating raft or kayak (ducky) with the use of adaptive equipment, if necessary. Adaptive equipment cannot impede nor lessen the effectiveness of the safety procedures or equipment. No one may be strapped or belted into a watercraft.
- In the event of capsize or fallout: get out from under the water craft, remain face up in the water with the aid of a personal flotation device (PFD), and identify and make progress to and ascend upon the shoreline.
- There must be at least one person in kayak (ducky) with the ability to move the ducky through the water in a stable manner.
- Participants must bee comfortable in the water including floating on back independently with the aid of a PFD (life vest), turning from face down to face up independently with the aid of a PFD and holding their breath while under water.